Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pulla on hyvää!


Hei!

I decided to make korvapuusti for a change! I don't even remember when was the last time I made these, but they are really good! We eat these in Finland a lot and my friends in Greece who have tried them they liked them very much so I decided to put the recipe on my blog, because I am too lazy to send it to each one separately :P I think these are similar to cinnamon rolls, but I have never tried them so I don't know if the taste is the same.


Here is what you are going to need:

5 dl milk
2 packets of dry yeast (if that's even a word )
2 dl sugar
1½ spoons of cardamom
2 teaspoons of salt
1 egg
200 gr melted butter
about 15 dl of flour 
The oven 200 degrees

 
Start by warming up the milk. Don't boil it though! It just needs to be a bit warm and then add the dry yeast.







In the milk with the yeast mix the egg, the salt, the sugar and the cardamom. Add about 11 dl of flour.
( I don't know if you can find cardamom, but it looks something like this. I am sure you can make it without it, but the taste is quite different. )
Melt the butter and add it in the mixture. Add the rest of the flour in the end. To mix it you are going to use your hands...it get's quite messy I am warning you!  Voilá your dough is ready! Just leave it to rise for 30-45 minutes under a towel. 
When the dough has risen cut it in half and roll out one half of the dough. 

Spread a thin layer of butter, then a layer of sugar and cinnamon. 


Roll it and cut it into small triangles...or if we want to be mathematically correct into small trapezoids or trapeziums ( no idea which word is the right one ) :P
To make the shape of the korvapuusti just push it with your finger in the middle. 
Whisp an egg and lubricate the korvapuusti.  In Finland we add raesokeria which is some kind of sugar on the top, but I don't know if you can find it abroad...at least in Greece they don't sell it. 


 


Do the same thing with the other half of the dough. Leave them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes...till they get this golden brown color :)
So this is the way I make these. If you want you can leave your korvapuusti to rise under a towel for 15 minutes before you put them in the oven.
Good luck with the recipe! :)


Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment