Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tzatziki!

OPA!

I  bought a brand new laptop finally and this is the first post I am writing from my new computer!

So my recipe for today as you might have guessed is tzatziki! In Greece we eat it a lot and it is really good! I just usually dip some bread and eat it just like that mmmm. I guess there are different versions of tzatziki but this is how I have learned to make it. Some people like to add dill, but I like to keep it simple. I remember there was one time that I watched a cooking programm on TV ( or however you call them ) where they were making tzatziki. I wonder if they had ever tried a traditional Greek tzatziki because what they made was not tzatziki! So that's why I want to show you how it is made the right way :)

This is what you are going to need:

300 gr of natural yoghurt ( it has to be a bit stiff. I used turkish yoghurt...a bit ironic :P )
1½ dl of grated cucumber
2  Garlic cloves
olive oil
salt
vinegar

Start by adding the grated cucumber to the yoghurt. Remember to remove the extra fluid of the cucumber. I usually just squeeze it in my hands...that usually does the trick :P  Cut the garlic into small pieces and add it to the mixture. In the end just add a bit of olive oil, salt and vinegar. That was about it! Simple but good!   

I am planning on making pastitsio next week and I promise I will put the recipe on here. My friends really liked it when I made it. But that was it for today! Hope you try this recipe and tell me whether you liked it or not :)

Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment