Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Apple jam

Hello!

It is apple season and my friend brought me a week ago about two or three kilos of apples! So for the first time in my life I decided to make apple jam! I must say that it turned out pretty good and I couldn't be more satisfied with the result :)
So here is how I made it:
  • 1 kg apples
  • 500 gr jam sugar
  • 1 lemon (juice and grated lemon peel)
  • 2 spoons cinnamon
  • 1½ dl water
Peel the apples and cut them in small pieces. Add  ½ dl of water and the apple pieces in a pot and boil them for about 5 minutes. Add the jam sugar, the lemon juice, the grated lemon peel, the cinnamon and the rest of the water and boil them for another 10 minutes. Heat the jars and pour the jam. Secure them very well with a cap.
This is the result! Not bad :)

You don't need to add the cinnamon if you don't want to. You can use normal sugar, but you might have to add more than just 500 gr. Because it was my first time to make this I didn't make a huge amount (in case it would be a total disaster). With this recipe I got three full jars. You can double the ingredients if you want more.
Have you ever made jam? 
 
Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment