Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The story comes to an end

Hello loves!

Now that my gap year is basically over lets talk about the final impressions of all this craziness, shall we?

The most popular questions that people have been asking me lately are  a) Have I met any man on my trips? and b) Have I learned anything this past year?. People definitely are curious of my love life eh? Well, I think it would be better to jump the first question and go straight to the next one! To be honest I have been wondering the same thing...have I honestly learned anything this last year?

Let's go back to 2012 (don't worry I will try to make it short). Before leaving to Barcelona in October I was panicking sooo much that I couldn't even enjoy the fact that I was going to fulfill my dream of going to Spain. It was scary and I had difficult times like feeling lonely and bad luck with my apartment. Now I realize how good all these things were to help me grow up and take responsibility. Besides, when bad things happen I have this in mind...
A friend of mine sent this to me on facebook! I think it suits me perfectly haha
 
If I can give a piece of advice to people is to stay calm! What's the point of panicking about everything beforehand anyways? Bad things will happen wether you like it or not, but on the other hand many good things happen as well, but as human beings we tend not to appreciate all those good moments in life.
So whenever a bad moment strikes just breathe in and out and say "This is not the end of the world!". Life would be a lot more simple if we weren't such drama queens! I am saying this because I used to be the queen of all the drama queens (seriously...)! I dont know what kind of miracle has happened nowdays but I am a lot more relaxed than I used to be.
 
Don't think though that I have always been a brave person. It took a lot of courage to travel on my own around Italy and Spain. Before going to Italy my father was begging me not to go and he was scaring me with all these stories that I would get killed by some Italian mafia guy. Fortunately that didn't happen! I am not saying that it was all the time fun traveling on my own but I met really awesome people on the way and whenever I felt lonely at least I learned to enjoy myself! If I had been scared to even try to travel on my own I would have missed all these great experiences. I might  have no money left but I am rich in other ways :)
 
So here I am still alive of all that traveling and the final impression of this last year has been definitely positive!! This gap year has come to an end but I am looking forward to a bright future :)
 
 
xoxo
 
Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment