Tuesday, November 19, 2013

London part 1

Hola amigos! After having a two week break from blogging I am back with more stories to share! This past two weeks were really intense but I survived...phew! I finally saw London which had been on my check list for a long time now. I had the luck to have good friends in London so they showed me around and it was also great to spend some time with familiar faces :)

I flew to London on the 5th of November but my actual adventure there started on the 6th, so get ready people because the posts that are about to come are going to be long, long, long!

5.11.2013:

I still remember my first day in London. My flight arrived there around 13:00 pm and I was supposed to meet my friend in Battersea around four. Everything went well and I did what I was told to do so I took the train to liverpool street and from there the bus to Battersea. When I arrived there I realized that my phone wasn't working and I couldn't connect to the internet so little by little I started to panic a bit. Even my friend couldn't call me because it wasn't working. It was getting darker and darker so in the end I just went out looking for her house (thankfully she had given me the directions) and SCORE I found her place! I must say that I had a little happy dance when I found it. I was already having this scary scenarios in my head that I was going to sleep on the cold streets of London for the night. Thankfully that didn't happen but I must say that it took my quite a while to find it!

6.11.2013:

The next day we woke up early ( for my standards ) and headed out to the streets of London! First on the list was London Bridge ( of course, of course )...

 It was just a little foggy, meh...
 Tadaaaaa!
 Then the rain started and this was the result! From previous mistakes I learned that it is always good to have a second pair of shoes in case something like this happens...lesson learned for sure!
 We walked along the river and ended up in Tate Modern to enjoy the art! Viva el arte!
 Saw paintings of my favorite artists like Salvador Dali and Picasso...
 ...and then I saw this! I guess if you look at it for long enough it will make sense! 
 My friend Jenna that I met in Barcelona a year ago :)
 More art...
 art...
 ...art...
...art...

After all that art I think we ended up staying in the museum for a couple of hours as it was so BIG! The best part for me though was that I didn't need to pay for the entrance! YEY :D
After going through the most important things in the museum we went out to grab some food as we were hungry.

 In the beginning of my stay I didn't really understand that, but now I know what that meant!
I was so excited to have pounds in my hands! So mysterious...
 When we had our tummies full again we walked by the river and ended up to this! My old pal Ben...
 Made a quick call to my mama hihi
 For a dummy like me these signs really saved my life in London. No matter how many times people told me to look right I still always forgot it...
 Then we kept walking to places the names of I don't remember anymore.
After ten hours of just walking around we decided to go back home and get some rest! It was a tiring day, but it was definitely worth all the walking!

The adventure continues so stay tuned ;)

Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment