Thursday, January 2, 2014

What's next?

After the girls' post it's back me again! Thank you mamasita and chiquita for your beautiful post :) By they way don't forget to check out Pia's and Tess's blog (click here) . They write so well and they have so good stories to share with the world!

Now that the year has changed I kind of wondered of what I had really achieved in 2013. In the beginning of the year I felt a bit useless because I still didn't know what I wanted to do and knowing that my friends were all studying I felt the pressure that I should be doing the same. In September I got accepted to University but I realised that it wasn't for me so I kept travelling and I couldn't be happier that I stick to my decision. After travelling in 15 cities around Europe I must say that I wouldn't be the person I am now. Seven countries and six kilos later I am the happiest a person can be!

Now let's go back in time and see what I actually achieved!


February- March 2013 (Italy)

Italy was one of those things that just happened. One night I was looking for cheap tickets online and booom I booked my ticket to Italy just like that spontaneously! I couch surfed for the first time and even though it was the most terrifying thing  jumping on a plane just me and my backpack I survived!

First stop was Rome...
Second stop Florence...
Third stop Milan...
Fourth stop Bergamo...

March-April 2013 (Spain)

From Bergamo I flew back to Greece for a couple of weeks before heading to Spain! I decided to go South all the way to Andalucia!

My trip started from Barcelona
Valencia
A quick stop in Alicante
Granada
All the way to Sevilla where I met up with my Greek friend Fotini that I met in Florence on my previoust trip in Italy

April-May 2013 (Serbia-Budapest-Italy)

My trip continued and this time I got to travel with my Mom's friends. They were planning to go all the way to Budapest from Greece by car and since they had free space in the car they invited me to  join them. How could I say no to an offer like that! Besides we had a great time! :D

Our first stop was in Serbia in some strange place called Nisava (or something close to that)
 From there we drove all the way to Budapest which was our final destination
Flew back to Greece from Italy and we got to have a quick look of Venice which was absolutely beautiful!
 
June, July, August 2013 (Finland)
 
After all that travelling it was about time to go back to Finland to work! Not the happiest time of my life, but my biggest motivation was to get money so that I could travel more! I must say though that it was nice to spend time with my friends in Finland and they made my time there so much better!



September 2013 (Germany-Greece)

I decided to meet up in Frankfurt with a friend that I had met in Sevilla. I also got to visit my cousin in Darmstadt which was really beautiful compared to the big city of Frankfurt.

After Frankfurt I went back to Greece to enjoy some sunshine :)

October 2013 (Spain)

I got a volunteer job in a hostel in Sevilla so I didn't get to rest too much under the hot sun of Greece. To my good luck Sevilla was even hotter but the fact that it didn't have a beach made it even worse...

It was beautiful though, I can't lie!

November 2013 ( England-Spain )

A month later because of my grandma's death I decided to go to Finland for the funeral. I already had a ticket to London so I took advantage of my ticket and flew through London to Finland.

On my way back to Sevilla I had a stop in Barcelona for a couple of days

December 2013 ( Portugal-Greece )

Last but not least before coming back home I decided to go to Lisbon and say hi to my friends I had met in Sevilla. Lisbon was beautiful but if I hadn't had my friends there it would have been just another city among the others...

 Even though all these places were great, travelling would not have been the same without all the great people I got to know! Me, Pia and Tess were talking about it and honestly we all think the same after all this time of travelling around.
 
I don't know what 2014 holds for me, but it is up to me of how great a year is going to be. Last year I did things that felt impossible in the beginning, but I am proud of myself that I took the step to go travel on my own.
 
Plans never work out for me so maybe I will just go with the flow this year and see what happens!

xx 
 
Karoliina

No comments:

Post a Comment