Tuesday, December 1, 2015

New home: Entrance hall

As promised, here come the before and after pictures of our new home! Don't hurry though...I will take it one room at a time, buahaha! 

Before you go down to see the pictures (which you probably have done already...sneaky, sneaky), let me share the story of how we ended up renting this house. To begin with, finding an apartment in my hometown was extremely difficult since most houses were really old and the new ones were quite expensive for us. I had been looking for a house for three weeks and had gone to many apartments to see them, but none of them really felt like it could be our home. At some point we had found a nice apartment, but something went wrong with the owner and he didn't want to rent it to us anymore (I still don't know what changed his mind). Either way, I continued searching and called for an apartment through an agency. Unfortunately, that apartment had been taken, but the guy on the phone told me that they had another apartment if I wanted to have a look. I hang up and went straight to see the apartment which I instantly fell in love with. I took pictures to show Lazaros, but when I showed them to him he didn't like what he saw (ugh!). Couple of days had passed and I wanted to give that apartment one last chance before I continued with my search. This time my mom had come with me (since Lazaros was working) and she loved the house too, but the problem was still Lazaros. I tried to convince him through the phone and gladly he agreed to rent this apartment. What can I say...sometimes a woman knows best ;) Even though I understand why Lazaros wasn't excited with the apartment at first, since it is a bit old and not in the best shape, but now he is very happy with the changes I have made and we are both happy with the result (yey!). Gladly all that is over now and we have a lovely home that is both in our budget and close to my university and Lazaros's work! 

But enough of the talking and back to the house itself! First of all, I am going to show you our entrance hall (if you can really call it a hall)! I love the fact that it even has a little entrance space because most houses I had seen didn't have that. I decided to paint the walls a bright red to cheer up the space a bit and added some furniture to make it more functional.

 The shoe cabinet is made by me and my mom :)
    Here is a little sneak peak of our living/dining room, but more on that on the next post! 
Before I finish I must say a special thank you to my mother who helped me with pretty much everything in the apartment and my boyfriend who has been supporting most of my crazy ideas :)

Karoliina 

No comments:

Post a Comment